Project Import Forum Forum Index
Project Import Forum
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Fix Ticket on Exhaust cvc27151(a) « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
braveheart
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Fix Ticket on Exhaust cvc27151(a) Reply with quote

I drive '05 Sti with full HKS exhaust, with other minor mods~
got pulled over by irvine police saying i am too loud~
a lady police officer didn't know about down pip and full exhaust, she think just the tip is making louder noise~

Got a citation for "correctable" cvc27151(a) <-- I guess this means i have to fix it because i am too loud.

But few days later i got another notice saying that the officer is making a correction that it is now a "non-correctable"

anybody has any idea what is "non-correctable" violation means?
- Do I still have to still fix the exahust?

- Will i get fined for it?

- Can't I just put silencer on it?

- Would the OEM muffler fit the HKS mid pipe?

- how much would it cost to fix it?

- can't i just put silencer on it for the time being and take it out when i am
done with ticket?

anybody had same or similar issue?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
braveheart
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: non-correctable=fine Reply with quote

few weeks later i got a real citation saying bail amount $105.
i have send payment and either i have to take a traffic class or get 1point on my record. thing is... you don't have to fix the exhaust!

Of course if i don't fix it and a police officer is having a bad day, i can get caught again~ then pay another $118.50 and traffic school that's if i dont' get caught for next 18months~ there goes down $$$ again through the pipe~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GroceryGetterJ30a4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this is one of the risk a tuner takes when driving their car on the streets. I would suggest you take the traffic school offer so it doesn't appear on your insurance. Otherwise contest the case with trial by declaration and take your chances.

Razz Smile
Will
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks dude.

Back in July I got pulled over in Santa Barbara for "Loud Exhaust." Officer asked me to pop my hood and cited me for my intake and Apexi N1 exhaust because I didn't have the silencer. Apparently an intake and exhaust is worth a 400 dollar ticket. However, it is correctable, but the state BAR is not being funded (nor am I getting student financial aid money...) until CA solves the budget, so I have to keep extending court dates every month...

Let me give you some real advice if you're ever up this way too(I just moved here from San Diego)... drive 5 miles under the speed limit, use turn signals, and dont bump music. They look for any and every reason to pull you over up here. It's ridiculous.

Hah, I really thought sidemarkers went there a long time ago.

Jump to: